Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun with Lorikeets

This post is basically an excuse to put up this picture of me and Helena feeding the lorikeets at the Wild Animal Park. I thought I should say a little bit about lorikeets' life in the wild. Lorikeets are from the Australasian region. They have a specially created brush-tipped tongue for feeding on soft fruits and nectar, and the majority have brightly colored feathers. Now we progress to the fun part of this post! During the summer Dad took Helena, Benedick and me to the Wild Animal Park. Helena and I fed the lorikeets. We had never done that before and it was so much fun. I loved being in the aviary with the birds and having them land on me, and feeding them! I hope I can do it again sometime.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Every time I go there I LOVE feeding the Lorakeets! And me having a parakeet, I love it even more! I see you are wearing your neclace AGAIN!!! I am glad you like it! I love mine too dear friend! Especially sense they match! *wink*

    ReplyDelete