Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crazy Eights: My first tag!

My dear friend Johanna from An Old-Fashioned Girl said I should do this tag, so here it is—

8 Books I've read recently or am reading:
Currently:
The Deadliest Monster
Ivanhoe
Men of Iron
The Genesis Record

Recently:
Vinegar Boy
At Agincourt
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
Black Beauty

8 Songs I Listen to all the Time:
Handel's Messiah
"The Walls of Kazan" (Helena is a Boris Godunov nut, and this is her favorite selection from that piece.)
The Mikado
The Scarlet Pimpernel (Mara really likes this musical, so I've heard it a lot.)
Christmas songs (year-round)
Various Christian music and piano CD's
That's about all I can think of.

8 things I Love:
My Savior
My family
My friends
The birds that come to our feeder
Reading
Crafting
Horseback riding (when I can, not very often)
Playing the piano

8 Things I Learned This Year:
Card-making
How to play Für Elise on the piano
How to start a blog
How to knit cables
Frozen yogurt is a good motivator to do math quickly
I've learned that we have two juncos living near our house
How to crochet granny square baby blankets
I've learned that Revelation is a very interesting book of the Bible

8 New Recipes I want to try and Make by the End of the Year:
Pumpkin pie from scratch
Sourdough bread
Scones
Bread pudding
Noodles from scratch
Chicken Kiev
Baklava
Matzo ball soup

8 Favorite Online Hangouts (places I go pretty much everyday):
Gmail
A few different blogs
My blog
Project Gutenberg
Google (for civil war research)
Wikipedia
That's all I can think of

8 Things I Need to Work on:
Bible memory
Cooking more meals
Practicing knitting
Typing (I want to type faster)
Posting more on my blog
Practicing sewing
New card designs
Making cookies

8 people I think should do this:
Everyone I can think of has already done this, so I guess I would like the first 8 commenters to do this, if I get any.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Friend! Just wanted to let you know that Marie Madaline Studio's is hosting a giveaway, and I thought you would like to particapate here~

    http://mariemadelinestudio.typepad.com/mariemadeline_studio/2010/10/the-happy-scrappy-quilt-giveaway.html#comments

    ReplyDelete