Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Events of Today

Today was rather a humorous and crazy day. It started off with Dad taking the wrong car to be smog tested! He took the Echo instead of the van. Dad got all the way to the smog testing place before he realized that he had the wrong car. He had to come all the way home to get the van.
Then, later, Dad played Benedick and me at a game of Sorry. Now, one thing you should know is that whenever Dad, Benedick and me play Sorry it usually turns into a rather noisy and extremely fun game. Especially since Mom and Helena weren't here to tell us to be quiet, and since we were playing with eight men apiece instead of four. It's always funner playing with eight men than it is with four. I was in the lead for most of the game, but Dad and Benedick started Sorry-ing me and wouldn't let me get a man in Home, so Benedick won, I came in second, and Dad came in third.
As if all that's not enough to make a great day, we've been trying to see a jet fly-over, when the jets fly over our house on the way to the stadium. We had all sat outside once, trying to see it, but they did something else unexpectedly so we didn't see anything. But today, about two hours ago, we heard a lot of helicopters going over, so we all ran out front and saw helicopters fly over instead. Maybe not as impressive as jets but you can see them for longer because they don't go as fast.
Benedick is making gingerbread right now and the house smells really good. And Mom is making homemade whipped cream, which is so much better then store bought whipped cream. I can't wait to eat some.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that Mara wasn't there to tell you to be quiet (well, either that or join in the game, it's about even odds which I'd pick).

    Did you save any homemade whipped cream for when I come home? Helena was wishing she had some of my hot chocolate tonight, but I thought it was about a fair tradeoff—hot chocolate with whipped cream out off a can versus gingerbread with real whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete